Itauba Wood is a Heavy wood, hard and easy to smooth, it produces excellent finishing. It has medium and uniform texture and it carries high mechanical resistance and extreme durability. When recently beneficiated, its sift presents olive-yellowish, becoming dark chestnut color with time. It has uniform color and irregularly lustrous and flat surface to the touch. Its smell is lightly sweetened and pleasant, almost imperceptible in the wood recently beneficiated, disappearing in little time.
Itauba Wood, available in the sizes of the length of 3 feet to 6 feet, 140 and 100 mm of width & 21 mm of thickness.
- Color of Itauba: Varies from yellowish brown to a dark chestnut brown color .
- Itauba Durability: Extremely high natural resistance to decay and termites.
- Itauba wood, because of being very heavy, of low retractibillity in relation to the density, high mechanical resistance and very high durability, is indicated for exteriors.
- Itauba wood is a great alternative to ipe for outdoor decking and cladding.
- It looks like IPE, costs much less and is easier to install.
- It has the quality of insect and rot resistance.
- Itauba is a fantastic IPE lookalike at a fraction of the cost.